The following project goals and objectives were identified at the Project Kickoff Meeting:
- Limit storage of sludge in the primary clarifiers.
- Achieve more efficient removal of screenings and grit.
- Use technologies and systems that will remain sustainable over time.
- Upgrade obsolete electrical systems.
- Develop initial Building Information Model (BIM) and BIM Standards.
- Utilize available state and federal funding sources for the project, such as the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA).
- Make future operator training modules available online.
- BIM model should be available to geographical information systems (GIS), specifically as it relates to yard piping.