The project team endeavors to ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all people and offerors throughout the procurement process. The procurement process includes the evaluation of proposals and selection of the winning proposal in accordance with applicable federal and state law and regulations.
Information related to the Blue River Biosolids Facility procurement process will be available on this webpage.
Please visit the KCMO Plan Room website or the KCMO Online Contract Advertising System website for procurement updates.
On January 17, 2020, the City of Kansas City, Missouri (KCMO) announced the shortlisted Design-Build firms for the Blue River Biosolids Facility procurement.
|Goodwin Brothers||KC Water Partners|
(Burns and McDonnell
and Alberici with AECOM)
As of December 2020, a Design-Build firm has been selected and the contract is being executed.
The procurement schedule is subject to change, so please check back on a regular basis.
- September 2019: Issue Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
- November 2019: Short list, issue
- January 2020: Request for Proposals (RFP)
- January to May 2020 Confidential meetings with KC Water
- June 2020: Proposals due
- August 2020: Select Design/Builder
- January 2021: Design/builder team receives notice to proceed
Seeking Design/Build Teams
Presentations from previously held meetings and events are listed below: