- Asbestos removal from solids building incinerators.
- Removal of the inner brick and asbestos layers in the incinerator smoke stake.
- Trailer park (lay down area).
- Temporary belt filter presses (BFP) hooked up and running.
- Temporary solids rerouting from DAF 3 to the temporary BFPs.
- Temporary power has been rerouted to the Administration Building.
- Selective demolition has started on the Solids Building.
- The pad has been poured for the radio tower control building.
- The radio tower has been erected.
- The smoke stack is gone!
- Boilers to provide heat to the Admin Building were installed just in time for winter.
- Concrete pads for temporary dewatering facility were installed.
- Temporary building placed around the relocated and refurbished belt presses.
- Solids Building demolition continues with sorting debris and hauling off site to be recycled.
- Demolition of gas storage tank cover and mechanisms for possible reuse for equalization in new sidestream treatment process.
- Temporary facilities installed for digester microaeration pilot.
- New boiler system installed to provide heat to the Admin Building.
- Installed test piles to evaluate foundation requirements for new Solids Building.
- Digester feed switched from east holding tank to DAF 3.
- East holding tank cleaning has started in preparation for modifications.
- Building demolished and cleanup wrapping up.
- The east holding tank has been cleaned out.
- Selective demolition has been completed in DAF 1 and DAF 2.
Upcoming Construction Plans
- Installation of a new natural gas line to the Administration Building to replace an aging pipeline.
- Solids Building demolition, anticipated to last approximately 12 weeks, will remove the existing building down to the current foundation. A new Solids Building will be constructed in its place.
- A Microaeration Pilot Study to test an air injection system to reduce hydrogen sulfides in the digesters.
- Demolition of the Solids Building is ongoing.
- Complete Solids Building and incinerator demolition.
- Begin microaeration pilot for reducing H2S concentrations in digester biogas.
- Sludge Phasing Plan 3 – temporary facilities will route sludge to DAF 3 and allow the East Holding Tank to be removed from service for cleaning and required improvements.
- Pressure testing of Birmingham and Westside forcemains.
- Assessment of whether gas storage tank will be structurally suitable for reuse as equalization basin for new Sidestream treatment process.
- Inspection of the existing solids building basement and foundation.
- Installation of deep piles for the new foundation.
- Switching communications back over from cellular to radio.
- Demolition of the east holding tank roof and installation of a geodesic roof.
- Completion of helical pile caps.
The image above reflects a general project timeline, which is subject to change.